“Do not be sad because something ended. Be happy because it happened.” — Doctor Seuss. Like all good things, Mardi Gras 2017 is fading into history. Into our collective memories. Into our own internal myth making machines. In all, it was a great carnival. It was jam-packed. Some say attendance records might have broken. Some say it was close, but no cigar. All I know is that every place was packed. Everybody had a good time. Everybody danced. Most people masked. Most people caught a few throws. Yes. Some bad things happened. One of them even made international news. We have to fix that. That 1% of the events can’t be allowed to damage the other 99%. Stuff always happens. But… We won’t go there for now. After all, it’s Ash Wednesday. For those of you who believe in that way it’s time to make amends. To pay for our yearly excesses. For our Mardi Gras extremes. Luckily, I’m old. I don’t have to many excesses and extremes. Except for taking too many pictures. Too often. I suppose …
Stories from a Swedish hairstylist in a concrete jungle
Happiness . Lifestyle . SelfLove
Opining over All We Survey
100 Books and Reviews for 2017
Straßenfotografie • Beobachtungen am Wegesrand
by Lize Bard
a garden of creativity
Original Pictures from NouvelleAquitaine
Minha maneira de ver, falar, ouvir e pensar o mundo... se quiser, venha comigo...
Follow me on my journey
For the nth time, I wish I could put into words the thoughts burning in my mind. I feel that more than ever, I have expressed myself badly. I do not know how you could take interest in reading all these muddled thoughts.
. . . to speak of many things
A blog dedicated to flora, fauna and all the wonderful things in nature.
Life, love, education, and adventure from post to post.
Anything that makes me happy
A Pennsylvania Transplant living life in the Big Easy
Award-winning Author of Fiction Featuring Atypical Characters
"Toţi fugim după copilăria noastră. La 12 ani fugim după zmee. Pe urmă fugim după sufletul nostru de copil". (Francis Blanche, 1921 -1974)
Essays on travel, identity, literature, and philosophy.
(I can't seem to stop.)
Part 2, The Vintage Years
About life, fantasy, and everything in between
Reducing stress one exhale at a time ...exploring Southern California and beyond
Poetry, free verse, haiku, senryu, photography, books, art, philosophy , nature.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
It's about I, You, and We!
What I've always wanted
Seeing the world through photography
Notes on Seeing, Reading & Writing, Living & Loving in The North
This is the story of building a cottage , the people and the place. Its a reminder of hope and love.
Words and Pictures from the Middle East
My World & Yours
Cooking, Gardening, Entertaining, Travel, Random Writings and Recipes for Living
(Quote from Shakespeare) - Photography, theatre, gardens...everywhere
Musings on Southeast Louisiana History, Culture, & Education
Discovering balance on my plate, my yoga mat, and the classroom
I don't write fiction.
Nature, People, Fun Stuff, Fine Art, Animals
New Jersey & New York
Everyday adventurer living in Hawaii